Your room is available until 11 a.m. After that we prepare it already for the arrival of the new guests. In the event of late departure, we reserve the right to charge the full room rate for an additional night.
Your booked room is ready to check in from 3 p.m. on the arrival day. You are welcome to arrive earlier, leave your suitcase with us and use the wellness area free of charge. The catering service begins on the day of arrival with the afternoon cake.
When you arrive, a packed bathing bag with bathrobe and sauna towels is prepared in your room. Slippers are not included and can be purchased at the reception desk for a fee of EUR 5 per pair.
We like our guests and our employees - that is why the safety, health and protection of our guests and employees are particularly important to us. Look forward to a carefree winter holiday and summer vacation - including comprehensive measures for the best possible safety and health
Entry tests & safe arrival and departure with the 2G rule:
The following evidence of access may be used: Vaccinated:
- Vaccinated: Confirmation of the vaccination status by means of a paper vaccination certificate or vaccination card or digital proof (app)
- You can check the duration of the validity of your vaccination with the validity calculator.
- Recovery: a separation notice, medical confirmation or recovery certificate
- Valid for up to 180 days after the illness
- Children up to the age of 12 do not need proof.
- Children between 13 and 15 years from Austria need the ninja pass as proof (valid Sun - Mon) outside the ninja pass times, 2.5 G applies - vaccinated, recovered or PCR-tested.
- For children between the ages of 13 and 15 from abroad, 2.5 G applies - vaccinated, recovered or PCR-tested.
- Guests from abroad do not have to be in quarantine when they return. If you test positive in Austria, you can quarantine at home.
- Fast check-in when reporting the guest data (name, address, date of birth) in advance. Bank transfer in advance or cashless payment is recommended.
Winter season 2021/2022
The 2G rule (vaccinated or recovered) applies in the following areas:
- hotel business
- Body-hugging services
- Advent markets
- Après ski
- Leisure facilities (zoos, pools, etc.)
- cultural establishments
- Non-public sports facilities
- Meetings of 25 or more people
- Trade fairs & congresses
- Coach & excursion boats
- Nursing, spa and hospitals
General rules of conduct in hotel Das KATSCHBERG:
- Refrain from shaking hands and hugs.
- Wash and disinfect hands with soap several times a day. Dispensers with disinfectant are posted at short intervals in all areas of the hotel.
- Sneeze or cough into the crook of your arm or into a handkerchief.
- Follow the instructions of the employees.
- Do not travel if you feel sick.
Guidelines in the restaurant:
- Please disinfect your hands before self-service at the buffet.
- Disposable gloves for the buffet are provided.
- We ask you to keep your distance.
Guidelines in Wellness and SPA area:
- The wellness area with indoor pool, different saunas and relaxation rooms is open.
- Use of the sauna is recommended only by people living in the same household.
- Sauna infusions by our sauna master do not take place.
- Massage and beauty treatments take place in compliance with special safety and hygiene measures.
Hygiene- and safety by Hinteregger
- Own Covid-19 manager in the Hinteregger Hotels.
- Weekly PCR tests for employee .
Your dog is very welcome with us. We charge EUR 19 per night. Please note that animals are not allowed in the restaurant or in the wellness area.
The doctor’s surgery Katschberg specializes in trauma surgery (Prim. Dr. Werner Betzler) and general medicine (Dr. Sabine Neumayer). It is located directly in the hotel building and is equipped with technical devices such as MRI scan, X-ray, laboratory, etc., and can therefore offer rapid, extensive diagnostics on site without long waiting times. MRI examinations are possible immediately on the day of the accident. Apart from sports injuries, the ordination is also available for medical problems of other kinds.
- Winter (December to April): Mon - Sun from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Summer (July to September): Mon - Fri from 9 a.m. to noon.
Park your car for free in the parking lots around the hotel or for a fee in our underground car park. For the use of the underground car park we charge EUR 8 per day during the summer months and EUR 12 per day during the winter months.
Smoking is not permitted in the hotel's rooms (rooms, hotel bar, and restaurant). Ashtrays are available on the room balconies and on the terrace near the bar and reception area.
For a safe arrival and departure in the months of November to April, we recommend that you bring snow chains with you, as snow chains are required on the Katschbergstrasse (B99) from Rennweg or St. Michael in the case of heavy snowfall or slippery roads.
We recommend taking out cancellation insurance – Hotelstorno Plus:
The following reasons for a cancellation or interruption by the guest with regard to COVID-19 are covered:
- because you develop symptoms of COVID-19
- because your temperature is measured higher, even if a later test result is negative
- because you tested positive for COVID-19 without showing symptoms,
- because a close relative or someone living in the same household is sick with COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required,
- because a close relative in the same household is sick with COVID-19 and you therefore have to go into quarantine, or
- because you are unable to travel during your stay due to your illness and have to extend it. There is coverage in the context of the involuntary vacation extension
For stays from November to April, free cancellation up to 48 hours before arrival is possible if one of these reasons applies::
A travel warning for the federal state of Carinthia
You yourself have tested positive for Covid-19 (presentation of a positive test result required). Please let us know on the day of the diagnosis.
Spittal / Drau district is set to red at the Corona traffic light
Due to Covid-19, skiing is not possible on Katschberg
Otherwise, the cancellation conditions according to the Austrian hotel and contract conditions apply:
- Kostenloses Storno bis 30 Tage vor Anreise möglich.
- Bei Storno innerhalb der 30 Tage vor Anreise berechnen wir 90% des Zimmerpreises.
- Bis 14 Tage vor Anreise kann der Aufenthalt innerhalb eines Jahres kostenlos verschoben werden.
- Bei Nicht Anreise und No Show berechnen wir 100 %.
If the hotel is officially closed, there are no claims for compensation for hotel guests. Deposits made will be refunded.
- The Katschberg ski area is an easily surveyed ski area (70 kilometres of slopes) with the widest slopes in Carinthia, hardly any waiting times at the lift stations and you can get to the slopes directly from the hotel (ski-in & ski-out)
- All lifts are in operation and skiing is an open-air sport and is considered a relatively safe activity.
- Wearing mouth and nose protection - a buff in the most comfortable form - is compulsory in the ski bus, in the ticket office and cable car area as well as in the chairlifts and cabins.
- Children up to the age of six are exempt from this rule.
- Gondolas and chairlifts are as well ventilated as possible during the journey.
- The ski school lessons start with small groups of max. 9 people plus ski instructor.
- Ski school instructors are regularly tested for COVID 19.
- Mouth and nose protection must be worn in the sports shop, and there are restricted access to ski rentals.